Cozy Castle

Looking for renovation ideas? You might find some by looking at mine. This isn't a cook book so I'm not going to give every little detail, just the highlights.

26 June 2006

Hot Tub nearly finished.





We've finished the ballustrade and the handrails and screwed pickets all around to make the tub child proof.

That's the wood work finished, now I just have the plumbing and wiring. I've decided to put the heater on the sauna wall - which I havent' finished building yet. It's all so close yet so far away. I just hope I get the tub working before the end of winter.



Spa dealers call their products "portable spas" thereby suggesting that they're not covered by building regulations and you can just put one where you like without any permits. My local council seems to have a different interpretation of the law and wants a building permit and a compliant child proof pool fence. Whatever the law is, people installing a spa should think about the dangers. My own 2 year old daughter is so adventurous and blissfully anaware of danger.

Food for thought; in the US there are considerably more guns than swimming pools, yet they cause about the same number of accidental deaths. A pool is 100 times more likley to accidentally kill someone than a gun.

1 Comments:

Blogger aajodie said...

it's looking really good! How big is the spa?

5:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home