Cozy Castle

Looking for renovation ideas? You might find some by looking at mine. This isn't a cook book so I'm not going to give every little detail, just the highlights.

19 June 2006

How to form up a slab with rounded corners..


When I planned the slab I decided that rounded corners would make a nice landscaping feature. I also wanted the slab to have a nicer edge than cast concrete. The solution I came up with managed to do both. It set the project back about a weekend, but the results were worth the trouble.

The back and sides of the slab had formwork made from timber planks (as usual for pouring a concrete slab). The front was formed from a single course of textured concrete blocks. I had to excavate a bit deeper in the area where the blocks go and I put down a strip of concrete for the blocks to sit on. Next I mortared the blocks in place to make up the front edge form work.

Renovating isn't a race and it's important to get a result that you're happy with.
The steel mesh even goes in the concrete under the bricks to keep everything together. I like to build things to last.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home